As an economic response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Australian government has announced the HomeBuilder grant to eligible home owners and first home buyers to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home.
This is great news for homeowners who are looking to build a new custom home and should consider this grant to offset the cost of their home building. You can also use this grant for major renovations and additions to your existing family home.
Let’s delve into a few more details about the HomeBuilder grant and if you meet the criteria for the grant.
Needing extra accommodation for your elderly parents, or need to be close to care for a disabled member of your family? The granny flat CGT exemption announced in the October 2020 budget may be the answer.
Our checklist will help you decide which is best for you.
One question our builders at SBR Group often get asked is ‘what is the difference between a custom home build and a project home build?’
This is an important question to understand from the outset. It can help you decide the type of build which is perfect for your circumstances and one that considers the result you are wanting from your new home.
You want to get your new home built right the first time. So let’s get started on helping you choose whether you should build a custom home or a project home.
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- From supply issues and COVID restrictions – a lot’s happening in the Sydney building industry.
- Rebuild or renovate? All the facts to make the right decision for your family home.
- How do you choose your exterior house design? Your ultimate guide to house façade ideas.
- Townhouse construction costs – our top 5 tips to save BIG!
- Maximising your sloping block with a split level home design
- How to compare quotes between luxury home builders – step by step guide to make it super easy.
- Do I need to choose a duplex builder for my subdivision?
- Custom home design trends to look out for in 2021
- How to choose the right Sydney builder. Plus common mistakes to avoid
- Homebuilder grant extension has been approved – but with a few changes you need to know
- HomeBuilder grant – everything you need to know to receive $25k for your new custom home or renovations
- CGT exemption on granny flats
- Custom home build vs project home build